Generic drug of Zovirax
Therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Aciclovir
Box of 25
· Prevention of Herpes Simplex Virus infections in immunocompromised individuals.
· In the immunocompetent subject:
Cutaneous or mucous infections:
o Treatment of severe cutaneous or mucosal herpes infections (usually primary infections), especially genital herpes and acute herpetic gingivostomatitis.
o Because of its mode of action, aciclovir does not eradicate latent viruses. After treatment, the patient will remain exposed to the same frequency of recurrence as before.
o Treatment of recurrences of genital herpes.
o Prevention of Herpes Simplex Virus infections in subjects with at least 6 recurrences per year.
o Prevention of recurrence of HSV eye infections:
§ epithelial keratitis after 3 recurrences per year or in case of known triggering factor,
§ stromal keratitis and kerato-uveitis after 2 recurrences per year.
§ in case of eye surgery.
o Treatment of keratitis and kerateuvitis with HSV.
Dosage ACICLOVIR BGR 200 mg Tablet Box of 25
Reserved for adults and children over 6 years old
In the immunocompromised
· Prevention of Herpes Simplex virus infections in immunocompromised subjects: 4 tablets per day, to be taken at regular intervals, throughout the immunosuppression phase during which antiherpetic prophylaxis is desired.
In the immunocompetent subject
Cutaneous or mucous infections:
· Treatment of severe cutaneous or mucosal herpetic infections: 5 tablets daily, to be taken at regular intervals, for 5 to 10 days.
· Treatment of recurrences of genital herpes: 5 tablets a day, to be taken at regular intervals, for 5 days. Treatment should be started as soon as possible, as soon as symptoms appear.
· Prevention of Herpes Simplex Virus infections in subjects with at least 6 recurrences per year: 4 tablets per day divided into 2 doses. The treatment will be reassessed at intervals of 6 to 12 months to evaluate any possible changes related to the natural course of the disease.
· Prevention of recurrence of HSV eye infections:
o epithelial keratitis after 3 recurrences per year, stromal keratitis and kerato-uveitis after 2 recurrences per year: 4 200 mg tablets per day divided into 2 doses. The treatment will be reassessed at intervals of 6 to 12 months to evaluate any possible changes related to the natural course of the disease.
o in case of eye surgery: 4 tablets at 200 mg per day divided into 2 doses.
Treatment of HSV eye infections:
o keratitis and kerato-uveitis: 10 tablets at 200 mg per day divided into 5 doses.
In patients with renal insufficiency, the dosage will be adapted according to the clearance of creatinine and may be:
Clearance of creatinine
> 50 ml / min
4 tablets / day
25 to 50 ml / min
Do not exceed 3 tablets / day
10 to 25 ml / min
Do not exceed 2 tablets / day
<10 ml / min
1 tablet / day. In case of hemodialysis the dose
daily will be administered after the session
For the treatment of keratitis and kerato-uveitis, the dosages proposed in this table will be doubled.
In the child
In children over 6 years, the dosage is the same as in adults.
History of hypersensitivity to aciclovir, or to any of the other constituents of the tablet.
Adverse effects Aciclovir Bgr
Some benign rashes regressing upon discontinuation of treatment have been described.
The following events have sometimes been reported:
Digestive disorders: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
Neuropsychic disorders: headache, lightheadedness. Neurological disorders sometimes severe and may include confusion, agitation, tremors, myoclonus, convulsions, hallucinations, psychosis, drowsiness, coma have been rarely reported: it is usually renal insufficiency having received doses higher than the recommended dosage or older patients (see Warnings and Precautions section ).
Complete regression is usual at stopping treatment.
The presence of these symptoms should lead to an overdose (see section Overdose ).
Hepatic disorders: Reversible increases in bilirubin and serum liver enzymes have been reported.
Hypersensitivity and skin reactions: rash, urticaria, pruritus and exceptionally dyspnea, angioedema and anaphylactic reactions.
Hematologic disorders: exceptional, cases of thrombocytopenia and leukopenia.
Renal disorders: Exceptionally increased blood urea and creatinine and acute renal failure, especially in the elderly or renal failure if the dosage is exceeded.
Various effects: cases of fatigue have sometimes been reported.