Generic drug of Zovirax
Therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Aciclovir
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
10 g tube
Treatment of the first genital infection with Herpes simplex virus and any subsequent recurrences.
Because of its mode of action, aciclovir does not eradicate latent viruses. After treatment, the patient will therefore remain exposed to the same frequency of recurrence as before.
Dosage ACICLOVIR ZENTIVA 5% Cream Tube of 10 g
5 applications a day.
Treatment should be started as soon as possible at the first sign of infection.
The duration of the treatment is between 5 and 10 days.
· History of hypersensitivity to aciclovir or any of the excipients,
· In ocular, intraoral or intra vaginal application.
Side effects Aciclovir Zentiva
· Sensations of tingling or transient burning may follow the application of the cream.
· In some patients, erythema or dry skin has been observed.
· Risk of contact eczema, due to the presence of propylene glycol.