Generic drug from Gaviscon
Therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
active ingredients: Sodium Alginate (E401), Sodium Bicarbonate (E550i)
laboratory: EG Labo
Bottle of 250 ml
Symptomatic treatment of gastroesophageal reflux.
Dosage ALGINATE / BICARB SODIUM 250 mg / 133.5 mg / 5 ml Oral suspension 250 ml bottle
- 2 scoops (10 ml) 3 times a day, after the 3 main meals and possibly at bedtime.
- This dosage may be doubled in case of severe reflux or esophageal inflammation.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
Hypersensitivity to any of the components of the oral suspension.
Side effects Alginate / Bicarb Sodium EG
Related to calcium carbonate :
- Possible constipation, which is exceptional thanks to the presence of alginate.
- In prolonged use, possible hypercalcemia with risk of nephrolithiasis and renal failure.