Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Rheumatology
active ingredients: Aurothiopropanolsulfonate
laboratory: Primus Lab Ltd
IM Injectable Solution
Case of 1 ampoule of PA + 1 of diluent is a total of 10 ml
Symptomatic slow-acting treatment of chronic inflammatory rheumatism, including rheumatoid arthritis.
Dosage ALLOCHRYSINE 100 mg Solution for injection IM Case of 1 ampoule of PA + 1 diluent for a total of 10 ml
- Adult :
Start treatment with weekly injections of 25 mg.
Then continue with weekly injections of 50 to 100 mg up to a total dose of 1.2 to 1.5 g.
Maintenance treatment with monthly injection of 50 to 100 mg as long as the patient tolerates it.
- Child :
Treatment will start with 0.25 mg / kg the first week, 0.5 mg / kg the second week and then 1 mg / kg without exceeding 50 mg per week. Mode of administration:
Intramuscular parenteral route. Duration of administration: first weekly, the administration can continue for several months or years, at a monthly rate.
- History of accidents with gold salts (medullary aplasia, auric erythroderma, ulceronecrotic ulceritis).
- Hematuric and proteinuric nephropathy.
- Hepatic or renal insufficiency.
- Major hematologic changes, history of toxic spinal depression.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Heart failure.
- Still sickness.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Pregnancy: studies in animals have shown a teratogenic effect of several gold salts. In clinical practice, there are currently no data of sufficient relevance to evaluate the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of aurothiopropanolsulfonate when administered during pregnancy. As a result, its use is not recommended during pregnancy. This element does not constitute the systematic argument for counseling a termination of pregnancy but leads to an attitude of caution and oriented antenatal surveillance.
- Breast-feeding: breast-feeding is not recommended during treatment.
- Association discouraged : phenylbutazone (general route).
Adverse effects Allochrysin
- Effects requiring discontinuation of treatment:
. Cutaneous : pruritus, rashes, stomatitis, erythroderma, auric lichen.
. Renal : nephropathy with proteinuria.
. Hematologic : eosinophilia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia or medullary aplasia with pancytopenia.
. Hepatic : cholestatic hepatitis.
. Others : pneumopathies (bronchiolitis obliterans, pulmonary fibrosis), vomiting, diarrhea, ulceronecrotic rectocolitis, abdominal pain, corneal chrysiasis, neurological complications (polyradiculoneuropathy, encephalopathy, cranial pair involvement, fibrillar chorea of Morvan associating generalized fasciculations, insomnia, rebellious pain, slimming profuse sweating, tachycardia, tension instabilities).
- Effects not requiring discontinuation of treatment:
. Local irritation at the injection site.
. Arthralgia transient days after injection.
. Bluish pigmentations of integuments in prolonged treatments.
. Corneal or crystalline auric deposits.