Generic drug of Amlor
Therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
active ingredients: Amlodipine
laboratory: Ratiopharm Gmbh
Box of 90
- Preventive treatment of angina attacks: effort angina, spontaneous angina (including Prinzmetal angina).
Dosage AMLODIPINE RATIOPHARM 5 mg Capsule Box of 90
The initial dose is one capsule (5 mg) once a day, which can be increased to 10 mg once daily in a single dose depending on the response to treatment.
- Angina pectoris:
. The initial dose is one capsule (5 mg) once a day, which can be increased to 10 mg once daily in a single dose depending on the response to treatment.
. The maximum daily dose is 10 mg.
- In the elderly subject:
Amlodipine, used in similar doses in the elderly or the younger subject, is tolerated in the same way.
- In patients with renal insufficiency:
Treatment can be started at the usual recommended dosage. Changes in plasma concentrations are not correlated with the degree of renal failure. Amlodipine is not dialysable.
- It is not necessary to adjust amlodipine doses when combined with thiazide diuretics, beta-blockers or angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors.
This medicine should never be used in case of hypersensitivity to dihydropyridine or to any of the excipients.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This drug is generally not recommended when combined with dantrolene (infusion) (see section on interactions).
- Breast-feeding: There is no data on the passage of amlodipine into breast milk. However, as with other dihydropyridines, the amounts found in breast milk are low, and no adverse effects have been reported based on a few isolated cases. As a precaution, it should be avoided, if possible, in women who are breastfeeding.
Since the efficacy and safety of amlodipine have not been studied in children, its use in children is not recommended.
Adverse effects Amlodipine Ratiopharm
- The most frequently reported adverse effects are related to the vasodilator action of the product: headache, redness or sensation of warmth of the face.
- Usually they appear during the first weeks of treatment and fade during the pursuit.
- As with other dihydropyridines, edema of the ankle and / or of the face may appear. Its appearance is more frequent at high doses.
- We observe more rarely:
. cardiac effects : tachycardias, palpitations, syncope;
. mucocutaneous effects : alopecia, increased sweating, allergic reaction including pruritus, rash and angioedema. As with other dihydropyridines, mild gingival enlargement has been reported in patients with severe gingivitis / periodontitis. Enlargement can be prevented or eliminated with careful oral hygiene;
. digestive effects : abdominal pain, dyspepsia, dysgeusia, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth;
. neuromuscular effects : muscle cramps, myalgia, arthralgia;
. Hepatic effects : Hepatitis, jaundice and elevated liver enzymes have been reported very rarely (mainly in connection with cholestasis), some of which are severe enough to lead to hospitalization. They are reversible when the treatment is stopped.
. pulmonary effects : dyspnea;
. genitourinary effects : pollakiuria, impotence as described under other antihypertensives, gynecomastia;
. neuropsychic effects : asthenia, dizziness, sleep disorders, paresthesia, tremors, visual disturbances, depressive disorders;
. general effect : malaise;
. blood effect : thrombocytopenia;
. vascular effect : vasculitis.
- As with other calcium antagonists, the following events have been reported rarely: anginal pain, myocardial infarction, arrhythmia. They may be related to pre-existing treatment pathology, and should be discussed for further treatment.