Generic drug of Adult Augmentin
Therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Amoxicillin, Clavulanic acid
Box of 24
They arise from the antibacterial activity and pharmacokinetic characteristics of this drug. They take into account both the clinical studies it has given and its place in the range of antibacterial products currently available.
They are limited to infections due to known sensitive organisms, especially in certain situations where the bacterial species responsible for the infection can be multiple and / or resistant to the currently available antibiotics. On this basis, this drug is of particular interest in the following indications:
- acute otitis media of the adult;
- acute maxillary sinusitis and other forms of sinusitis;
recurrent tonsillitis, chronic tonsillitis;
- superinfections of acute bronchitis of the patient at risk, in particular chronic ethyl, smoking, aged over 65 years, in case of evolutionary risk or second intention;
- exacerbations of chronic bronchopneumopathies;
- acute pneumonitis of the patient at risk, particularly chronic ethyl, smoking, over 65 years of age or with swallowing disorders;
- recurrent acute cystitis, uncomplicated cystitis in women and uncomplicated acute pyelonephritis due to susceptible organisms;
- high gynecological infections, in combination with another active antibiotic on Chlamydiae (see precautions for use);
- severe stomatological infections: abscess, phlegmons, cellulitis;
- relay treatment of the injectable route.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage AMOXICILLIN / AC CLAV AD GNR 500 mg / 62.5 mg Film-coated tablet Box of 24
Dosages expressed as amoxicillin :
PATIENT WITH NORMAL RENAL FUNCTION:
Adults (weight> = 40 kg) :
- 2 g / day in 2 doses in the following indications:
. acute maxillary sinusitis;
. recurrent tonsillitis, chronic tonsillitis;
. superinfections of acute bronchitis of the at-risk patient, including chronic ethyl, smoking, over 65 years of age, at risk of progression or second-line;
. exacerbations of chronic bronchopneumopathies;
- 3 g / day in 3 takes in the following indications:
. other forms of sinusitis;
. acute otitis media;
. recurrent acute cystitis, uncomplicated cystitis in women and uncomplicated acute pyelonephritis due to susceptible organisms;
. high gynecological infections, in combination with another antibiotic active on Chlamydiae (see precautions for use);
. severe stomatologic infections: abscess, phlegmons, cellulitis;
. acute pneumopathies of patients at risk, including chronic ethyl, smoking, over 65 years of age or with swallowing disorders;
. relay treatment of the injectable route.
IN PATIENT INSUFFICIENT RENAL:
Adults (weight> = 40 kg) :
. clearance of creatinine greater than 30 ml / min: no adaptation necessary.
. creatinine clearance between 10 and 30 ml / min: 1 g / 125 mg every 12 to 24 h.
. creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min: for patients treated or not with hemodialysis, the conditions of use have not been established.
no dose adjustment unless creatinine clearance is <= 30 ml / min (see dosage in patients with renal impairment).
Mode of administration :
At each dose, the 2 tablets contained in one cell should be taken simultaneously.
Take the medicine preferably at the beginning of the meal.
This medicine MUST NEVER BE USED in case of:
- allergy to the antibiotics of the beta-lactams group (penicillins, cephalosporins): take into account the risk of cross allergy with antibiotics of the cephalosporin family.
- infectious mononucleosis (increased risk of cutaneous phenomena).
- history of liver damage related to the amoxicillin / clavulanic acid combination.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This medicine SHOULD NOT BE USED in combination with methotrexate (see interactions).
Adverse effects Amoxicillin / AC Clav AD Gnr
- Gastrointestinal manifestations: nausea, vomiting, possibility of gastrointestinal overinfections with Candida, diarrhea, loose stools, dyspepsia and abdominal pain.
Some cases of pseudomembranous colitis have been reported.
- Allergic manifestations, including urticaria, eosinophilia, angioedema, difficulty breathing, exceptionally anaphylactic shock.
- Maculopapular rashes of allergic origin or not. Very rarely, some cases of Stevens-Johnson syndrome, erythema multiforme, and exfoliative dermatitis have been reported.
- Other events have been reported more rarely:
. cases of hepatitis, usually cholestatic or mixed, have occasionally been reported. These cases seem to be more likely to occur in elderly and male patients, and for more than 10 days of treatment and especially for treatments longer than 15 days. Symptoms, including jaundice that appears consistent, occur during or at the end of treatment, but may occur a few weeks after stopping. Histopathological examination of the liver usually reveals centrilobular cholestasis. The evolution is generally favorable but can be prolonged by a few weeks.
Some extremely rare cases of fatal evolution have been observed.
. moderate and asymptomatic increases in ASAT, ALT or alkaline phosphatase;
. acute interstitial nephritis;
. leukopenia, thrombocytopenia and reversible anemia.