Generic drug of Lexomil
Therapeutic Class: Neurology-Psychiatry
active ingredients: Bromazepam
laboratory: Winthrop Medicines
Box of 30
- Symptomatic treatment of severe and / or disabling anxiety disorders.
- Prevention and treatment of delirium tremens and other manifestations of alcohol withdrawal.
Dosage ANXYREX Ge 6 mg Quadrisecable tablet Box of 30
The use of bromazepam is not recommended in children, in the absence of study. In addition, the tablet is not a form suitable for children under 6 years (risk of mis-driving).
In all cases, treatment will be initiated at the lowest effective dose and the maximum dose will not be exceeded.
- In current practice:
In adults, at the beginning of treatment, the average daily dosage of BROMAZEPAM is 6 mg per day, most often distributed as follows:
. 1/4 tablet in the morning (1.5 mg),
. 1/4 tablet at noon (1.5 mg),
. 1/2 tablet in the evening (3 mg).
It must then be adapted individually according to the therapeutic response.
- In psychiatry:
Depending on the severity of the anxiety to be treated: in ambulatory patients, the dosage is between 6 and 18 mg; in subjects whose severity of the anxiety syndrome requires hospitalization, it is possible to prescribe higher doses, 24 or even 36 mg per day.
- In children, the elderly, the renal or hepatic insufficiency: it is recommended to reduce the dosage, by half for example.
- The treatment should be as brief as possible. The indication will be reviewed regularly especially in the absence of symptoms. The overall duration of treatment should not exceed 8 to 12 weeks for the majority of patients, including the dose reduction period (see section on warnings and precautions for use).
In some cases, it may be necessary to prolong the treatment beyond the recommended periods. This requires accurate and repeated assessments of the patient's condition.
- Prevention and treatment of delirium tremens and other manifestations of alcohol withdrawal: short treatment of the order of 8 to 10 days.
- This medication should never be used in the following situations:
. hypersensitivity to the active substance or any of the other ingredients,
. severe respiratory failure,
. sleep apnea syndrome,
. severe hepatic insufficiency, acute or chronic (risk of encephalopathy),
- The tablet is not a form suitable for children under 6 years old (risk of false route).
- Due to the presence of lactose, this drug is contraindicated in case of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Breast-feeding: The use of this medicine during breastfeeding is not recommended.
- Avoid taking alcoholic drinks and drugs containing alcohol.
Side effects Anxyrex GE
They are related to the dose ingested, the individual sensitivity of the patient.
- Neuropsychiatric side effects (see section on warnings and precautions for use):
. anterograde amnesia, which can occur at therapeutic doses, the risk increasing in proportion to the dose,
. behavior disorders, changes in consciousness, irritability, aggression, agitation,
. physical and psychological dependence, even in therapeutic doses with withdrawal syndrome or rebound at the end of treatment,
. lightheadedness, headache, ataxia,
. confusion, decreased alertness or drowsiness (particularly in the elderly), insomnia, nightmares, tension,
. changes in libido.
- Cutaneous side effects:
rashes, itchy or not.
- General side effects:
muscular hypotonia, asthenia.
- Ocular adverse effects: