Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Allergology
Active ingredients: Isothipendyl
laboratory: Merck Family Medication
Box of 30
Symptomatic treatment of various allergic manifestations:
- rhinitis (seasonal or perennial),
Dosage APAISYL Child 4 mg Coated tablet Box of 30
RESERVED FOR CHILDREN OVER 6 YEARS.
Treatment should be short (a few days).
1 tablet per dose, 1 to 3 times a day.
Overnight intake should be favored because of the pronounced sedative effect of isothipendyl.
This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to antihistamines,
- history of agranulocytosis,
- risk of urinary retention related to urethral disorders,
- risk of glaucoma by closing the angle,
- child under 6 years old, due to the pharmaceutical form.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This drug is usually NOT recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy, as well as in combination with sultopride (see interactions).
Pregnancy: There is no reliable animal teratogenicity data for isothipendyl. There are currently no relevant data, or sufficient numbers, to assess the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of isothipendyl when administered during pregnancy. Based on these data, the use of this drug is not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy .
- Breast-feeding: In view of the actual but low passage of this class of products in breast milk and the sedative properties of isothipendyl, this medication should be avoided if breastfeeding.
- Taking alcoholic drinks and drugs containing alcohol (see chapter interactions) is strongly discouraged during the course of treatment.
Adverse effects Apaisyl Child
The pharmacological characteristics of isothipendyl are the cause of adverse effects of unequal intensity and dose-related or not (see pharmacodynamic properties):
- Neurovegetative effects:
. sedation or drowsiness, more marked at the beginning of treatment,
. anticholinergic effects such as dryness of the mucous membranes, constipation, accommodation disorders, mydriasis, heart palpitations, risk of urinary retention, drying up of the milk secretion,
. orthostatic hypotension,
. balance problems, dizziness, loss of memory or concentration,
. motor incoordination, tremors,
. mental confusion, hallucinations,
. more rarely, effects are of excitation type: agitation, nervousness, insomnia.
- Awareness Reactions:
. erythema, eczema, purpura, possibly giant urticaria,
. edema, more rarely angioedema,
. anaphylactic shock,
- Hematological effects:
. leukopenia, neutropenia, exceptional agranulocytosis,
. hemolytic anemia.