Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Flumequine
Box of 30
APURONE Tablet is indicated for the treatment of the following infections (see sections Warnings and Precautions and Pharmacodynamic Properties ). Particular attention should be paid to available information on bacterial resistance to flumequine prior to initiation of treatment.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
· Simple uncomplicated acute cystitis,
· Recurrent cystitis.
Dosage APURONE 400 mg Tablet Box of 30
1200 mg daily, that is 1 tablet dosed at 400 mg 3 times a day.
APURONE tablet is contraindicated in children and adolescents (see section 4.3 ).
The tablets should be swallowed with a large glass of water. They are best taken after meals to avoid digestive disorders.
This medicine should never be used:
· In children or adolescents,
· In patients with hypersensitivity to flumequine, other quinolones or to any of the components of this medicinal product (see section Composition ),
If breastfeeding (see section Pregnancy and breast-feeding ).
Apurone side effects
· Digestive disorders: gastralgia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. These effects can be prevented or reduced by the administration of tablets after meals.
· Allergic manifestations: localized erythema, pruritus, rash; exceptionally, angioedema, anaphylactic shock (see Warnings and precautions for use ).
· Neuro-sensory manifestations: transient dizziness, blurred vision, vertigo.