Here are some tips to avoid contracting an STD:
- To practice a daily toilet as well as after each sexual relation.
- Choose underwear made of cotton rather than synthetic material.
- Change daily underwear.
- Wash underwear at over 60 ° C.
- Limit the number of sexual partners.
- Avoid sexual contact with people with STDs or people who are at risk.
- Use condoms: they remain the safest way to protect against STDs.
- Urinate after intercourse.
- Consult in case of risky report. In most cases, an early diagnosed, properly treated STD will be cured quickly and without sequelae.
- Consult a gynecologist or a doctor regularly, especially if you change your partner frequently.
- Systematically treat the spouse of a person infected with an STD.
Note: The best fight against the spread of the most serious STDs (AIDS, Hepatitis B, ...) remains prevention .