Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Bristol Myers Squibb
Box of 10
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage DAFALGAN 150 mg suppository Box of 10
This presentation is for infants weighing 8 to 12 kg (approximately 6 to 24 months).
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol depends on the weight of the child: it is about 60 mg / kg / day, to be divided into 4 doses, or about 15 mg / kg every 6 hours.
Because of the risk of local toxicity, administration of a suppository is not recommended beyond 4 times per day, and the duration of rectal treatment should be as short as possible.
In case of diarrhea, administration of the suppository is not recommended.
This presentation is suitable for infants weighing 8 to 12 kg : the dosage is a suppository 150 mg, to renew if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 suppositories per day.
Maximum recommended doses: see section Warnings and precautions for use .
Frequency of administration
· Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations,
· In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours and at least 4 hours.
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours.
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or other components.
· Hepatocellular insufficiency.
· Recent history of proctitis, anitis or rectorrhagia.
Dafalgan side effects
RELATED TO PARACETAMOL
· A few rare cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.
RELATED TO PHARMACEUTICAL FORM
· Rectal and anal irritation