Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Bristol Myers Squibb
Box of 16
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage DAFALGAN 500 mg Capsule Box of 16
The capsules are swallowed as is with a drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice).
Taking tablets or capsules is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age because it can lead to a wrong course. Use another form.
This presentation is reserved for adults and children from 27 kg (approximately from 8 years old).
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
For children weighing 27 to 40 kg (approximately 8 to 13 years), the dosage is 1 capsule per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, not exceeding 4 capsules per day.
For children weighing 41 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years), the dosage is 1 capsule per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 capsules per day.
For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years old);
The usual unit dosage is 1 to 2 capsules at 500 mg per dose, to be renewed if necessary after at least 4 hours.
It is generally not necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day, or 6 capsules per day. However, in case of more intense pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 g per day, or 8 capsules per day. Always observe a 4 hour interval between shots.
Recommended maximum doses: see section Warnings and precautions for use
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
· In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours, and at least 4 hours.
· In adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours. The dose of paracetamol should not exceed 3 g per day, ie 6 capsules.
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or other components.
· Hepatocellular insufficiency.
Dafalgan side effects
· Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.