Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Anesthesia, resuscitation, analgesics
Active Ingredients: Iron Gluconate (E579), Copper Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Sodium Fluoride, Cobalt Gluconate, Sodium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Ammonium Molybdate, Chromium Chloride
Solution for solution for IV infusion
DECAN is used as part of an intravenous nutritional protocol to cover basic needs or moderately increased trace elements during parenteral nutrition.
Dosage DECAN Concentrate for solution for infusion Box of 12 bottles of 210 ml
Reserved for adults.
- The recommended daily dosage in patients with basic or moderately increased requirements is one vial (40 ml).
- In the event of significantly increased requirements for trace elements (for example in the case of extensive burns and in severely traumatized patients with significant hypercatabolism), the daily dosage may be 2 vials (80 ml) and a control of blood levels of trace elements is recommended.
- DECAN is not intended to be administered as is. It must be diluted taking into account the desired final osmolarity.
- For example, 40 ml of DECAN can be diluted in:
. at least 250 ml of solution for infusion of 0.9% sodium chloride,
. or at least 500 ml of glucose infusion solutions at a concentration of 5 to 70%.
- If diluted in glucose solutions at a concentration greater than 20%, the dilution should not be administered alone given the final osmolarity.
DECAN can also be added as such in parenteral nutrition mixtures. In this case, carefully check the compatibility. Refer to the sections on incompatibilities and instructions for use and handling and disposal for incompatibilities and instructions for use.
- Children or patients under 40 kg.
- Pronounced cholestasis (blood level of bilirubin> 140 μmol / L).
- Do not administer:
. to patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the active ingredients or to the excipient.
. in Wilson's disease and hemochromatosis or if the blood level of any of the constituents of DECAN is high.
Decan side effects
No undesirable effects declared.
No adverse effects expected if the conditions of administration indicated above are respected.