Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Anti-inflammatories
active ingredients: Methylprednisolone
laboratory: Pfizer Holding France
Box of 1 pre-filled syringe of 2 ml
LOCAL USE .
These are those of local corticosteroid therapy, when the condition justifies a high local concentration. Any local injection prescription must be aware of the danger of infection, particularly the risk of promoting bacterial growth.
This product is indicated in the conditions:
- dermatological : keloid scars.
- ENT : intra-sinus irrigation in subacute or chronic sinusitis justifying drainage.
- rheumatologic :
. Intra-articular injections: inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis in thrust.
. Periarticular injections: tendonitis, bursitis.
. Soft tissue injections: talalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's disease.
Dosage DEPO-MEDROL 80 mg / 2 mL Suspension for injection Box of 1 pre-filled syringe of 2 ml
LOCAL INJECTABLE ROAD.
- Anti-inflammatory equivalence (equipotence) for 5 mg prednisone: 4 mg methylprednisolone.
- The dosage usually used is 1/10 to 2 ml depending on the place of injection and the condition to be treated.
- The injection will be repeated only in case of reappearance or persistence of symptoms.
- This specialty is not suitable for inhaled administration by nebulizer.
LOCAL USE .
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- Hyper-sensitivity to one of the compounds,
- local or general infection, or suspicion of infection,
- severe disorders of coagulation, anticoagulant treatment in progress.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Breast-feeding: In case of high-dose treatment, breast-feeding is not recommended.
Depo-Medrol side effects
LOCAL USE .
The systemic adverse effects of glucocorticoids have a low risk of occurrence after local administration, given the low blood levels but the risk of hypercorticism (retention of water and sodium, imbalance of diabetes and hypertension ...) increases with dose and frequency of injections.
- risk of local infection according to the injection site: arthritis, ...
- localized atrophy of muscle, subcutaneous and cutaneous tissues. Risk of tendon rupture when injected into the tendons,
a few cases of tendon ruptures have been described in an exceptional manner, in particular in coprescription with fluoroquinolones,
- acute arthritis with microcrystals (with microcrystalline suspension) of early onset,
- local calcifications,
- local and general allergic reactions,
- flush: headaches and flushing may occur. They usually go away in a day or two.