Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Acetylsalicylic acid, Glucuronamide, Ascorbic acid
Sparkling effervescent tablet
Box of 1 Tube of 20
- Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
- Rheumatic diseases.
Note : The therapeutic benefit of glucuronamide combination is not demonstrated.
Dosage DETOXALGINE Effervescent tablet scored Box of 1 Tube of 20
Reserved for adults and children from 35 kg (about 12 years old) .
Systematic catches prevent peaks of fever or pain. They must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
Pains of mild to moderate intensity and / or febrile states:
Dosages are determined by the dose of acetylsalicylic acid contained in a tablet.
- Adult :
The maximum daily dosage is 3 g.
As an indication: 1 375 mg tablet, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding the dose of 8 tablets per day. In case of more intense pain, 2 tablets at 375 mg per dose.
- Elderly :
The maximum daily dosage is 2 g.
As an indication: 1 tablet 375 mg, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding the dose of 5 tablets per day.
- Child :
The maximum daily dosage is 50 mg / kg.
Between 35 and 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years) : 1 tablet to 375 mg, to renew if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 5 tablets per day.
Approximate ages by weight are indicative.
- Adult : 4 to 6 g to distribute during the day in 3 or 4 shots.
- Child : the maximum daily dosage is 100 mg / kg to be divided into 6 doses.
- Allergy proven to salicylates and substances of close activity, especially nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The onset of asthma attacks in some individuals may be related to an allergy to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or aspirin. In this case, this medicine is contraindicated.
- Evolving gastroduodenal ulcer.
- Any constitutional or acquired hemorrhagic disease.
- Hemorrhagic risk.
- Renal lithiasis when using high doses of vitamin C, greater than 1 g.
- Pregnant woman (from the 6th month): during the 3rd trimester, aspirin, like all the prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors, can expose the fetus to a renal toxicity (up to the renal failure with oligohydramnios), and cardiopulmonary toxicity (pulmonary hypertension with premature closure of the ductus arteriosus); the mother and the child, at the end of pregnancy, to a longer bleeding time. As a result, during the 3rd trimester of pregnancy, taking aspirin is absolutely contraindicated.
- Contraindicated combinations: oral anticoagulants with salicylates in high doses (> 3 g / day), methotrexate used at doses> = 15 mg / week).
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Aspirin is not recommended in case of gout.
- Breast-feeding: Since aspirin passes into breast milk, it is not recommended to administer it to a nursing woman.
- Associations advised against : NSAIDs (with salicylates in high doses (> 3 g / d), oral anticoagulants (low-dose salicylates), parenteral heparins, ticlopidine, uricosurics (benzbromarone, probenecid).
Adverse effects Detoxalgine
Effects on the central nervous system :
- buzzing of the ear,
- feeling of decreased hearing acuity,
- headaches that are usually the mark of an overdose of aspirin.
Gastrointestinal effects :
- gastric ulcers,
- bleeding digestive s patents (haematemesis, melaena ...) or occult, responsible for iron deficiency anemia. These haemorrhages are all the more frequent as the dosage is higher.
Hematological effects : hemorrhagic syndrome s (epistaxis, gingivorragia s, purpura ...) with increased bleeding time. This action persists 4 to 8 days after stopping aspirin. It can create a haemorrhagic risk in case of surgery.
Hypersensitivity reactions : sensitization accidents: Quincke's edema, urticaria, asthma, anaphylactic accident s.
Other : abdominal pain s.
High doses of vitamin C (greater than 1 g) favor in some individuals the development of oxalic and uric acid stones and may increase haemolysis in G6PD - deficient individuals in chronic hemolysis forms.