Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Rheumatology
Active ingredients: Dextran, Phenylbutazone
laboratory: Sanofi-Aventis France
60 g tube
Adjunctive local treatment of tendonitis.
Dosage DEXTRARINE PHENYLBUTAZONE 2% / 4% Ointment 60 g tube
RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN OVER 7 YEARS;
Dermal. Do not swallow.
Wash hands after use.
Apply in local light massages on the painful area, until penetration of the ointment, 2 to 3 times a day. The duration of treatment should not exceed 8 days.
· Hypersensitivity to phenylbutazone and other active substances such as other NSAIDs, aspirin, any of the other ingredients (parahydroxybenzoates, propylene glycol, wool fat alcohols, cetyl alcohol) or heparin (dextran sulfate) )
· In combination with methotrexate and oral anticoagulants,
Oozing dermatoses, eczema, infected lesion or wound,
· Do not use on mucous membranes, eyes,
· Do not use under an occlusive dressing.
Adverse effects Dextrarin Phenylbutazone
Frequent allergic skin reactions such as rash, pruritus, eczema, urticaria, vascular purpura, dermatitis.
Rare case of erythema multiforme and Lyell syndrome.
Given the risk of systemic diffusion:
· Hematologic disorders: rare case of thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, anemia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, medullary hypoplasia.
· Hepatic disorders: rare case of increased transaminases, hepatitis.
· Digestive disorders: rare cases of ulcers.