Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
Active ingredients: Dextromethorphan
laboratory: Therabel Lucien
Bottle (+ measuring spoon of 5 ml) of 150 ml
Short-term treatment of dry coughs and irritating coughs (uncompromising coughs).
Dosage DEXTROCIDINE 0.3% 3 mg / mL Syrup Bottle (+ measuring spoon 5 ml) 150 ml
- One measuring spoon (5 ml) contains 15 mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide.
- Symptomatic treatment should be short (a few days) and limited to the times when coughing occurs. - In the absence of other medicinal products providing dextromethorphan or any other central antitussive, the daily dose of dextromethorphan not to be exceeded is 120 mg in adults and 1 mg / kg in children over 10 years. - The usual dosage is:
. in adults: 1 measuring spoon per dose, to be renewed after 4 hours if necessary, without exceeding 6 measuring spoons per day.
. in the elderly or in case of hepatic insufficiency: the initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage in adults, and may possibly be increased according to the tolerance and needs. . in children over 10 years (more than 30 kg): 1/2 scoop measure per dose, to be renewed after 4 hours if necessary, without exceeding 4 taken per day.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- allergy to one of the constituents,
- respiratory failure,
- asthmatic cough, - in combination with MAOI antidepressants, as well as linezolid (see section on interactions). NOT RECOMMENDED :
- Breast-feeding: Dextromethorphan passes into breast milk. Some cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been reported in infants after ingestion by mothers of other central antitussives at supratherapeutic doses. This risk has not been evaluated for dextromethorphan. Therefore, this antitussive should not be administered during breastfeeding. - Taking alcoholic drinks and drugs containing alcohol during treatment is not recommended (see section on interactions).
Undesirable effects Dextrocidine 0.3%
Possibility of constipation, drowsiness.
Rarely: dizziness, nausea, vomiting, bronchospasm, allergic skin reactions.