Testimony of Gioia who is currently desensitizing his son Luca, 12 years old.
I did not hesitate a second to desensitize my son!
I used it myself when I was younger except that my method was different: I was entitled to that injections.
Luca suffers from allergies due to vegetation. Including cypresses and olive trees. It has many rhinitis and has itchy eyes, especially in the fall and spring.
What is the desensitization method used for Luca?
A year ago, we went to see the allergist who advised us the sublingual method. He gave a simple and uncomplicated treatment: at first, my son had to take 1 drop in the morning before breakfast. Then as it went, it went to 2, then 4, 8, 10 drops.
Depending on the type of allergy, there must be a different protocol.
After one year of treatment, does your son feel an improvement?
For the moment, there is no result but I am not worried. We were told to wait 2 to 3 years before seeing an improvement. This has been my case, I have been patient and since, goodbye mite allergy. It has been a total life change!
The testimony of Camille
Camille, 15, could not be desensitized, and had to separate from his favorite animal.
It has been several years since you are treated for an allergy. What are you suffering from?
I am allergic to dogs since I was 12 years old. Strangely, I had always had dogs and I had never been sick. But one day, I had a new dog, a Maltese, and I started having colds all the time. I sneezed often, but it was winter, so at first we thought I was just a cold. As it did not happen, my doctor gave me antihistamines that did not work either. I then took cortisone, without results, so we went to see an allergist. She told me that I am allergic to dogs, to dog saliva more specifically.
Did you undertake desensitization?
No. The allergist told me that it did not work, so it was not worth it, but it was better to separate from my dog. I did not want, of course. So in the beginning mom washed it several times a day. For my part, I tried to prevent him from licking my face, and I did not caress him too much. I did not sleep with him either, as I did before.
So what did you do?
I went to see the allergist regularly. To see. But he could do nothing more for me. I was taking a spray medication all the time because I could not run without coughing. I could not laugh without coughing either. And then, one night, I had an asthma attack, and I was very, very scared. I could not breathe, I really thought I was going to die. So I agreed to part with my little dog. We gave it to our friends, but I'm still crying. It really was a big pain. My allergy, she passed a few days later. Today I have nothing left.Want to react, share your experience or ask a question? See you in our FORUMS Allergies or A doctor answers you!