Sweating is a natural phenomenon of the body. It not only regulates the temperature of the latter (thanks in addition to evaporation), but also eliminates toxins and other wastes. Its smell - not pleasant, pushes both women and men to use deodorants.
Mode of action of deodorants
Deodorants can have different modes of action:
FragranceSome deodorants are essentially composed of perfume, which makes it possible to mask the odors of perspiration, without affecting the production of sweat.
Compounds, such as talc, for example, can act on perspiration by absorbing sweat. They have no direct action on the pores but help to prevent sweat from coming into contact with bacteria that are largely responsible for bad smells.
The goal is to destroy certain bacteria from the surface of the skin. Different substances can be used including sometimes alcohol which can have an irritating effect.
Composed of aluminum salts, they act in the process of perspiration by tightening the pores of the skin through which the sweat is evacuated. So, they strongly reduce, perspiration.
True-false: all about deodorants
Spray, roll-on or cream ... do you know how to choose the deodorant that fits your needs? Do our QUIZ to know everything about deodorants!
The different types of deodorant
There are deodorants in different forms, to suit the expectations and preferences of each user.
- Sticks: Their application leaves the skin dry, and their small size can carry them everywhere.
- Creams: they apply directly to the armpit and have the advantage of being soft, suitable for sensitive skin or shaved. And as effective as spray deodorants.
- The balls: In the form of roll-on, the deos balls make it possible to cover with a gesture the whole zone of the armpit, by delivering a refreshing liquid emulsion.
- Sprays: Sprays give an immediate "dry" effect, and are refreshing.
- The stone of alum: natural method, this stone with anti-bacterial virtues, is used as such on the skin, after a light moistening with clear water.
Instructions for use for spray deodorants
For deodorants spray, some instructions for use are to be respected:
- Always spray at a distance of 15 cm from the skin.
- Do not spray on irritated skin or eyes.
- Do not approach fire or above 50 ° C.
- Do not leave within reach of children
What is your skin type?
Oily, dry, sensitive or normal skin: it is important to know your skin to provide the appropriate care. What is your skin type? Take the test!
> Hyperhidrosis: what is it?
> Learn more about antiperspirants
> Oily skin: from causes to solutions
You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS: General Health, Sweating or Skin Care, ... Discuss all the health and wellness topics that interest you!