The first baby teeth are a big moment - more or less painful - in the baby's life, but also for parents. For this important passage in the development of baby is at its best, find in this folder all you need to know about baby teeth, as well as practical advice.
It is usually around 6-8 months that the first tooth comes out, soon followed by the second. These are temporary teeth, called "milk teeth". They have a very particular aspect: very white, small, tight and fragile because their root is not completely calcified.
An often painful thrust
The appearance of teeth almost always causes great nervousness and crying quite understandable. To pierce, the tooth must come out of the bag of flesh around it and force the lining of the gum. Moreover, even before drilling, the tooth causes a small swelling in the gum.
The thrust is often accompanied by minor disorders without gravity:
- the child drools,
- his cheeks are on fire,
- he has a slight fever (from 38 ° to 38.5 °)
- he sometimes has a cold or
- it may have mild diarrhea that promotes diaper rash.
However, be careful not to put all the crying of the baby on the account of the thrust.
Overview of symptoms of dental flare:
But then, now that we know the suffering that the dental flare can cause in our little piece of cabbage: how to relieve the child who "teeth"? Here are some simple tips:
- The refrigerated teething ring to be placed in the refrigerator allows local analgesia by the cold.
- A simple gum massage using a special first tooth balm also soothes the pain.
- In case of fever, it may be possible to give special paracetamol infant.
- Also think of homeopathy to ease the pain.
Did you know ? 14 figures surprising on the baby!You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS Baby, Dental or A doctor answers you !
Read also :
> Dental thrust: help baby to teething!
> The awakening and development of the baby
> The baby growth chart
> Treat your baby with homeo
> Successful food diversification!