Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
Active ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide
laboratory: Sinclair Pharma France
Gel for local application
40 g tube
Treatment of acne of medium severity.
Posology PAPCLAIR 5% Gel for local application 40 g tube
Teenagers and adults:
On previously cleansed skin, rinsed with clean water and dried (face, back, thorax), apply PAPCLAIR 5%, gel for local application in thin layer, without rubbing. Let the product dry and wash your hands thoroughly.
The pace of applications will be as follows:
- as a cure: 1 or 2 applications per day, until stabilization of clinical signs;
- then maintenance treatment: 1 application every two days until satisfactory reduction of acne. Adjust dosage to therapeutic response and individual tolerance (see Warnings and Precautions section ).
Generally, the improvement is visible after 4 to 6 weeks of treatment. However, prolonged use may be necessary.
The safety and efficacy of PAPCLAIR have not been established in children, as acne is rarely present in this population.
This medicine should not be used in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients of PAPCLAIR 5%, gel for topical application,
- in patients sensitive to peroxides (oxygenated water ...).
Adverse effects Papclair
- Under normal conditions of use, the appearance of slight burning sensation during the first application, and moderate erythema and peeling after a few days of treatment.
- During the first weeks of treatment, a sudden and minor increase in desquamation may occur in most patients. This desquamation usually lasts one or two days if the treatment is temporarily interrupted.
- The patient may also temporarily experience pruritus, facial edema, dermatitis or rash.
- As with other benzoyl peroxide preparations, allergic contact dermatitis may occasionally occur.