Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
Active Ingredients: Malathion, Permethrin, Piperonyl Butoxide
laboratory: Omega Pharma France
Cutaneous spray solution
Pressurized bottle of 175 ml
Treatment of pediculosis of the scalp (head lice).
Dosage PARA PLUS Solution for cutaneous spray Pressurized bottle of 175 ml
The application of the lotion should be done on the scalp and dry hair in a ventilated place and away from any flame or incandescent object.
· Be sure to protect the eyes, nose and mouth with a towel.
· Spray the product by putting the end of the diffuser tube 3 cm from the hair. Exercise brief pressures of one second so as to fully permeate the entire scalp and hair.
· Allow the hair to dry naturally in the air. Do not use a hair dryer because of the risk of inflammation.
Given the flammability of the product:
o Do not use an artificial heat source such as a hair dryer.
o Do not use near a flame or near an incandescent object (cigarette for example).
· Leave the product to work for 40 minutes then wash the hair with a mild shampoo to make it easier to get the nits dead.
· The hair is then combed with a fine comb.
In children under 2 years, the application time may be reduced especially in children under 6 months where this time will be at least halved.
The product should not be sprayed but applied to the scalp with a soaked swab.
Hypersensitivity or intolerance to any of the constituents
· Asthmatic subjects, infants or young children with a history of dyspneumatic bronchitis with sibilants.
Because of the possible occurrence of bronchospasm following inhalation of this product, it will be appropriate to treat a pediculosis in these subjects, to use a non- pressurized pharmaceutical form.
This recommendation concerns both the subject being treated and the person applying the product (see Warnings and precautions for use section ).
Para Plus side effects
Excessive use of the product may cause skin irritation.
In some cases, adverse effects can be observed: erythema, pruritus, rare sensations of burning of the scalp and sometimes dandruff.