Generic drug of Fervex
Therapeutic class: Otorhinolaryngology
active ingredients: Paracetamol, Vitamin C (E300), Pheniramine
Powder for oral solution
Box of 8 Sachets
This drug is indicated in adults and children over 15 years in the treatment during colds, rhinitis, nasopharyngitis and flu-like conditions:
· Clear nasal discharge and watery eyes,
· Headache and / or fever.
Dosage PARACET VIT C PHEN SANDOZ CONS 500 mg / 200 mg / 25 mg Powder for oral solution Box of 8 sachets
Bags should be taken in sufficient quantity of cold or hot water.
This presentation is reserved for adults and children over 15 years old.
The dosage is 1 sachet 2 or 3 times a day.
The catches must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
During flu-like conditions, it is best to take this medicine in warm water at night.
Duration of the treatment
The maximum duration of treatment is 5 days.
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between 2 doses will be at least 8 hours.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
· In case of hypersensitivity to one of the constituents,
· In case of hepatocellular insufficiency,
· If there is a risk of glaucoma by closing the angle,
· If there is a risk of urinary retention related to urethro-prostatic disorders,
· In children under 15,
Side effects Paracet Vit C Phen Sandoz Cons
The pharmacological characteristics of the molecule are the cause of adverse effects of unequal intensity and linked or not to the dose (see section Pharmacodynamic properties ):
· Neurovegetative effects:
o sedation or drowsiness, more marked at the beginning of treatment,
o anticholinergic effects such as dryness of mucous membranes, constipation, accommodation disorders, mydriasis, palpitations, risk of urinary retention,
o orthostatic hypotension,
o disturbances of balance, dizziness, loss of memory or concentration, more frequent in the elderly,
o motor incoordination, tremors,
o mental confusion, hallucinations,
o more rarely, effects are the type of excitation: agitation, nervousness, insomnia.
· Hypersensitivity reactions (rare):
o erythema, pruritus, eczema, purpura, urticaria,
o edema, more rarely angioedema,
o anaphylactic shock.
· Hematological effects:
o leukopenia, neutropenia,
o Hemolytic anemia.
RELATED TO PARACETAMOL
· Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.
Reporting of suspected adverse reactions
The reporting of suspected adverse reactions after authorization of the drug is important. It allows continuous monitoring of the benefit / risk ratio of the drug. Health professionals must report any suspected adverse reactions via the national reporting system: National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products (Ansm) and the network of Regional Pharmacovigilance Centers - Website: www.ansm.sante.fr.