Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
Box of 8
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage PARACETAMOL ALTER 1 g Tablet Box of 8
Administration mode :
The tablets are swallowed as is with a drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice).
Warning: this presentation contains 1000 mg of paracetamol per unit: do not take 2 units at a time .
This presentation is reserved for adults and children from 50 kg (about 15 years old).
- The usual unit dosage is one 1000 mg tablet per dose, to be renewed after 6 to 8 hours. If necessary, the intake can be repeated after 4 hours minimum.
- It is generally not necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day, or 3 tablets per day.
- However, in case of more intense pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 g (4 tablets) per day. Always respect an interval of 4 hours between two shots.
- Frequency of administration:
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
in adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
- Renal failure :
- In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours.
- Do not exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day, or 3 tablets.
- Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or other components.
- Hepatocellular insufficiency.
- Due to the presence of sorbitol, this drug is contraindicated in cases of fructose intolerance.
Paracetamol Alter side effects
- Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
- Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.