Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Arrow Generic
Box of 16
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage PARACETAMOL ARROW TIP 500 mg Tablet Box of 16
The tablets are swallowed as is with a drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice). The use of tablets is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age because it can cause a miscarriage. Use another form.
This presentation is RESERVED ADULT and CHILD from 27 kg (or from about 8 years).
· In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and thus to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
For children weighing 27 to 40 kg (approximately 8 to 13 years), the dosage is 1 500 mg tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 tablets per day.
For children weighing 41 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years), the dosage is 1 500 mg tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 tablets per day.
· For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years old); The usual dosage is 1 to 2 tablets per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours minimum.
It is not usually necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day, or 6 tablets.
However, in case of more severe pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 g per day, or 8 tablets per day.
Always respect an interval of 4 hours between catches.
Maximum recommended doses: see section Warnings and precautions for use .
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
· In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours, and at least 4 hours.
· In adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
In cases of severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours. The dose of paracetamol should not exceed 3 g per day, or 6 tablets.
The lowest effective daily dose should be considered, not exceeding 60 mg / kg / day (not to exceed 3 g / day) in the following situations:
· Adults under 50 kg
· Mild to moderate hepatocellular insufficiency
· Chronic alcoholism
· Chronic malnutrition
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol.
· Hepatocellular insufficiency.
Paracetamol side effects Arrow Tip
· Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.