Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol, Codeine
Sparkling effervescent tablet
Pill box of 16
Symptomatic treatment of pain of moderate to intense intensity not responding to the use of peripheral analgesics used alone.
Dosage PARACETAMOL CODEINE G GAM 500 mg / 30 mg Tablets effervescent breakable Pill box of 16
Reserved for adults and children from 15 kg (approximately 3 years).
Administration mode :
The tablets should be dissolved in a little liquid before being administered.
- In adults:
1 tablet, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, or possibly 2 tablets in case of intense pain without exceeding 6 tablets per day.
The maximum daily dosage of paracetamol is 3 g.
The catches should be spaced preferably 6 hours and at least 4 hours.
- Elderly : The initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage in adults, and may be increased depending on tolerance and needs .
- In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min ), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours.
- In children:
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child . Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses.
The recommended daily dose of codeine is approximately 3 mg / kg / day, to be divided into 4 or 6 doses.
. For children weighing 15 to 22 kg (approximately 3 to 6 years), the dosage is one half-tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 half-tablets per day .
. For children weighing 23 to 30 kg (approximately 7 to 10 years), the dosage is one half-tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, not exceeding 6 half-tablets per day .
. For children weighing 31 to 44 kg (approximately 11 to 14 years), the dosage is 1 tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 tablets per day.
. For children weighing 45 to 50 kg (approximately 14 to 15 years), the dosage is 1 tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 tablets per day.
. In children over 50 kg (from about 15 years), the dosage is one tablet, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, or possibly 2 tablets in case of severe pain, without exceeding 6 tablets a day.
Maximum recommended doses:
The dose of codeine not to be exceeded in children is 1 mg / kg per dose and 6 mg / kg per day.
The total dose of paracetamol should not exceed 80 mg / kg in children under 37 kg and 3 g per day in adults or grandchildren over 38 kg.
Frequency of administration:
Systematic catches prevent pain oscillations:
in children, they should be regularly spaced preferably 6 hours, and at least 4 hours.
Renal failure :
In renal failure, there is a risk of accumulation of codeine and paracetamol, as a result:
- the interval between two shots will be at least 8 hours,
- a reduction of the dose will be considered,
- and close supervision of the child will be put in place.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to any of the components of this medication,
- hepatocellular insufficiency,
- asthma and respiratory failure (due to the presence of codeine),
- child under 15 kg,
- Breastfeeding apart from a punctual intake: paracetamol and codeine pass into breast milk. A few cases of hypotonia and respiratory pauses have been reported in infants after mothers have taken codeine doses at supratherapeutic doses. As a result, apart from a punctual intake, this medication is contraindicated during breastfeeding.
- combination with morphine agonists-antagonists: buprenorphine, nalbuphine, pentazocine (see interactions).
Due to the presence of sorbitol, this drug is contraindicated in cases of fructose intolerance.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This drug is generally not recommended in combination with alcohol or drugs containing alcohol.
Side effects Paracetamol Codeine G Gam
- Paracetamol-related :
. A few rare hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, rash, have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
. Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia have been reported.
- Linked to codeine :
. At therapeutic doses:
The adverse effects of codeine are of the same type as those of other opiates but they are more rare and moderate.
Possibility of :
. constipation, nausea, vomiting,
. Acute biliary or pancreatic abdominal pain syndrome, suggestive of an Oddi sphincter spasm, occurring particularly in cholecystectomized patients,
. drowsiness, vertiginous states,
. hypersensitivity reactions (pruritus, urticaria and, in rare cases, rash), bronchospasm, respiratory depression (see contraindications).
. At supratherapeutic doses:
There is a risk of dependence and abrupt cessation syndrome, which can be observed in the user and in the newborn of a mother poisoned with codeine.