Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: EG Labo
Box of 8
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage PARACETAMOL EG 1 g Tablet Box of 8
The tablets are swallowed as is with a drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice).
This presentation is reserved for adults and children from 50 kg (from about 15 years old).
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, to be divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
· For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years): the usual dosage is 1 tablet to 1 g, to be renewed after 4 hours minimum.
It is generally not necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day or 3 tablets .
However, in case of more intense pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 g per day or 4 tablets per day. Always respect an interval of 4 hours between catches.
Recommended maximum doses (see section 4.4 Special warnings and precautions for use ).
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations.
· In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours, and 4 hours minimum.
· In adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
Renal failure :
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between 2 doses should be increased and should be at least 8 hours. The dose of paracetamol should not exceed 3 g per day or 3 tablets.
The lowest effective daily dose should be considered, not to exceed 60 mg / kg / day (not to exceed 3 g / day) in the following situations:
· Adults under 50 kg,
· Mild to moderate hepatocellular insufficiency,
· Chronic alcoholism,
· Chronic malnutrition,
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or other components.
· Severe hepatocellular insufficiency.
Paracetamol side effects
· A few rare cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.