Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Winthrop Medicines
Box of 16
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage PARACETAMOL IREX 500 mg Tablet Box of 16
The use of tablets and capsules is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age because it can lead to a miscarriage. Use another form.
This presentation is RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN from 27 kg (from about 8 years old).
- In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
. For children weighing 27 to 40 kg (approximately 8 to 13 years), the dosage is 1 500 mg tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 tablets per day .
. For children weighing 41 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years), the dosage is 1 500 mg tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 tablets per day .
- For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years): the usual dosage is 1 tablet 2 tablets per dose, to be renewed after 4 hours minimum .
It is not usually necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day, or 6 tablets .
However, in case of more severe pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 g per day, or 8 tablets per day .
Always respect an interval of 4 hours between catches.
- Recommended maximum doses: see section cautions.
Frequency of administration:
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
- in children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours, and at least 4 hours.
- in adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
Renal failure :
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours. The dose of paracetamol should not exceed 3 g per day, or 6 tablets.
- Hypersensitivity to paracetamol and / or any of the other ingredients of the product.
- Hepatocellular insufficiency.
The tablet is contraindicated in children under 6 years because it can lead to a wrong route.
Paracetamol Irex side effects
- A few rare hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
- Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.