Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
Box of 16
This medicine is indicated in diseases with pain and / or fever such as headaches, flu-like symptoms, dental pains, body aches, painful periods, in adults and children from 27 kg (approximately from 8 years).
Dosage PARACETAMOL QUALIMED 500 mg Tablet Box of 16
Administration mode :
The tablets are swallowed as is with a drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice ...)
This presentation is reserved for adults and children from 27 kg (approximately from 8 years old).
- For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years old):
The recommended maximum daily dosage is 3000 mg paracetamol, or 6 tablets per day.
The usual dosage is 1 tablet 500 mg, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours minimum.
In case of pain or fever more intense, 2 tablets 500 mg, to renew if necessary after 4 hours minimum, without exceeding 6 tablets per day.
It is not usually necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day, or 6 tablets.
However, in case of more severe pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 g per day, or 8 tablets per day. Always respect an interval of 4 hours between catches.
- In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given as information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
. For children before a weight of 27 to 40 kg (about 8 to 13 years), the dosage is 1 tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 tablets per day .
. For children weighing between 41 and 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years), the dosage is 1 tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, not exceeding 6 tablets per day .
- Maximum recommended doses: see warnings.
Frequency of administration:
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
. in adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart,
. in children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night : comply with the posology specified above.
Renal failure :
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours. The dose of paracetamol should not exceed, in adults, 3 g per day, or 6 tablets.
- Known hypersensitivity to paracetamol or any of the other components of the tablet.
- Hepatocellular insufficiency.
- Taking tablet and capsule is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age because it can lead to a false route.
Adverse effects Paracetamol Qualimed
- A few rare cases of allergic accidents manifest themselves by simple cutaneous rashes with erythema or urticaria and require the cessation of the treatment.
- Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia have been reported.