Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Ranbaxy Pharma Generic
Box of 16
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage PARACETAMOL RANBAXY 500 mg Capsule Box of 16
The capsules are swallowed as is with a drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice).
The use of tablets and capsules is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age because it can lead to a miscarriage. Use another form.
This presentation is RESERVED FOR ADULTS and the CHILD from 27 kg (approximately from 8 years).
· For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years old); The usual dosage is 1 to 2 capsules at 500 mg per dose, to be renewed if necessary after a minimum of 4 hours.
It is generally not necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day, ie 6 capsules.
However, in case of more intense pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 g per day, or 8 capsules per day.
Always respect an interval of 4 hours between catches.
· In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and thus to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
o For children weighing 27 to 40 kg (approximately 8 to 13 years), the dosage is 1 capsule 500 mg per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 capsules per day.
o For children weighing 41 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years), the dosage is 1 capsule 500 mg per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 capsules per day.
Recommended maximum doses: see section Warnings and precautions for use
Frequency of administration:
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
· In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours, and at least 4 hours.
· In adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between two doses will be at least 8 hours. The total dose of paracetamol should not exceed 3 g per day, ie 6 capsules per day.
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol, or any of the other components of the capsule.
· Hepatocellular insufficiency.
Paracetamol Ranbaxy side effects
· A few rare cases of allergic accidents (simple cutaneous rashes with erythema or urticaria) have been observed and require stopping treatment.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia have been reported.