Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
Box of 16
This medicine is indicated in diseases with pain and / or fever such as headaches, flu-like symptoms, dental pains, body aches, painful periods, in adults and children from 27 kg (approximately from 8 years).
Dosage PARACETAMOL SANDOZ TIP 500 mg Tablet Box of 16
Administration mode :
Oral way. - The tablets are swallowed as is with a drink (eg water, milk, fruit juice). - The use of tablets is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age because it can lead to a risk of miscarriage. Use another form.
Dosage: This presentation is reserved for adults and children from 27 kg (from about 8 years old) .
- In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and thus to choose a suitable presentation. Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
. For children weighing 27 to 40 kg (approximately 8 to 13 years), the dosage is 1 500 mg tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 tablets per day .
. For children weighing 41 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years), the dosage is 1 500 mg tablet per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 tablets per day .
- For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (starting at about 15 years of age), the usual dosage is 1 to 2 tablets at 500 mg per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 minimum hours. . It is not usually necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day, or 6 tablets .
. However, in case of more severe pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 g per day, or 8 tablets per day. Always respect an interval of 4 hours between catches. - Maximum recommended doses (see section on warnings and precautions for use).
Frequency of administration:
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations.
. in children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours, and at least 4 hours.
. in adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
- Renal insufficiency: In case of severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml / min), the interval between 2 doses should be increased and should be at least 8 hours. The dose of paracetamol should not exceed 3 g per day or 6 tablets.
- The lowest effective daily dose should be considered, not exceeding 60 mg / kg / day (not to exceed 3 g / day) in the following situations:
. adults under 50 kg,
. mild to moderate hepatocellular insufficiency,
. chronic alcoholism,
. chronic malnutrition,
- Hypersensitivity to paracetamolou to other components.
- Severe hepatocellular insufficiency.
- The use of tablets is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age because it can lead to a risk of miscarriage. - If acute viral hepatitis is found, treatment should be discontinued.
Side effects Paracetamol Sandoz Advice
- Few cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
- Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.