Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Analgesics
active ingredients: Paracetamol
laboratory: Teva Sante
Box of 16
Symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate pain and / or febrile conditions.
Dosage PARALYOC 500 mg Oral lyophilisate Box of 16
Let the oral lyophilisate melt in the mouth (do not chew it) or drink immediately after complete dissolution in a small amount of drink (water, milk, fruit juice).
Taking tablets or capsules is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age because it can lead to a wrong course. Use another form.
This presentation is reserved for adults and children from 27 kg (approximately from 8 years old).
In children, it is imperative to respect the dosages defined according to the weight of the child and therefore to choose a suitable presentation.
Approximate ages by weight are given for information.
The recommended daily dose of paracetamol is approximately 60 mg / kg / day, divided into 4 or 6 doses, approximately 15 mg / kg every 6 hours or 10 mg / kg every 4 hours.
For children weighing 27 to 40 kg (approximately 8 to 13 years), the dosage is 1 lyophilisate 500 mg per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 lyophilisates per day .
For children weighing 41 to 50 kg (approximately 12 to 15 years), the dosage is 1 lyophilisate 500 mg per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 4 hours, without exceeding 6 lyophilisates per day .
For adults and children weighing more than 50 kg (from about 15 years old);
The usual unit dosage is 1 to 2 lyophilisates at 500 mg per dose, to be renewed if necessary after at least 4 hours.
It is generally not necessary to exceed 3 g of paracetamol per day, or 6 lyophilisates per day .
However, in case of more severe pain, the maximum dosage can be increased up to 4 g per day, or 8 lyophilisates per day .
Always observe a 4 hour interval between shots.
Recommended maximum doses: (see Warnings and Precautions ) section.
Frequency of administration
Systematic catches prevent pain or fever oscillations:
· In children, they should be regularly spaced, including at night, preferably 6 hours, and at least 4 hours;
· In adults, they must be spaced at least 4 hours apart.
Renal failure :
In case of severe renal insufficiency (clearance of creatine less than 30 ml / min), the interval between 2 doses should be increased and will be at least 8 hours.
The dose of paracetamol should not exceed 3 g per day or 6 oral lyophilisates.
The lowest effective daily dose should be considered, not to exceed 60 mg / kg / day (not to exceed 3 g / day) in the following situations:
· Adults under 50 kg,
· Mild to moderate hepatocellular insufficiency,
· Chronic alcoholism,
· Chronic malnutrition,
· Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or other components.
· Hepatocellular insufficiency.
· Phenylketonuria (due to the presence of aspartame).
Paralyoc side effects
· A few rare cases of hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylactic shock, angioedema, erythema, urticaria, skin rash have been reported. Their occurrence requires the definitive discontinuation of this drug and related drugs.
· Very exceptional cases of thrombocytopenia, leukopenia and neutropenia have been reported.