Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
Active ingredients: Opium, Camphor, Anis, Benzoic acid (E210)
Tube of 20
Symptomatic treatment of acute diarrhea.
The treatment does not dispense dietary measures and rehydration if it is necessary.
The importance of rehydration by oral or intravenous rehydration solution should be adapted according to the intensity of the diarrhea, the age and the peculiarities of the patient (associated diseases, ...).
Dosage PAREGORIC LAFRAN Tablet Tube of 20
Swallow the tablet as it is with a glass of water.
- In adults: 1 tablet, 1 to 4 times a day.
- In children over 6 years old: 1 tablet, 1 to 2 times a day.
This medicine is CONTRAINDICATED in the following situations:
- Hypersensitivity to one of the components.
- Children under 6 years old.
- Acute attacks of ulcerative colitis (risk of colectasis).
- Fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency, due to the presence of sucrose.
- Breast-feeding: The opioid alkaloids present in opium pass into breast milk; therefore, taking this medicine is contraindicated during breastfeeding.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
This drug is usually NOT RECOMMENDED during pregnancy: there is no reliable data on teratogenesis in animals. Clinically, there is currently no data of sufficient relevance to evaluate the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of opium powder when administered during pregnancy. As a result, the use of this drug is not recommended during pregnancy.
Paregoric side effects Lafran
- In high doses: constipation, nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, drowsiness, skin reactions, respiratory disorders, central nervous system depression.
- Due to the presence of terpene derivatives and in case of non-compliance with the recommended doses:
. risk of seizures in children,
. possibility of agitation and confusion in the elderly.