Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Dermatology
active ingredients: Bufexamac
laboratory: Wyeth Pharmaceuticals FR
30 g tube
Symptomatic treatment of pruritus of inflammatory skin manifestations.
Posology PARFENAC 5% Cream Tube of 30 g
Apply the cream in thin layer, 2 times daily in general, massaging slightly.
- Hypersensitivity to one of the components of the preparation including bufexamac and parabens.
- Eczema of contact.
- Damaged skin (wounds, burns, oozing or ulcerated lesions).
- Infected or superinfected skin.
- Diaper rash of the infant.
- Atopic dermatitis.
Parfenac side effects
- Possibility of allergic eczema of contact.
- Allergic skin manifestations sometimes extensive or generalized have been reported in case of local application, especially on broken skin.
- Although transcutaneous resorption of bufexamac is very low, the risk of systemic effects inherent to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can not be totally excluded (see warnings).
- Due to the presence of methyl parahydroxybenzoate, risk of eczema and exceptionally, risk of allergic reactions with urticaria and respiratory discomfort.