Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Minocycline
laboratory: Sunstar France
Gel for dental use
Box of 3 Sachets of 1 pre-filled syringe
"Antibacterial" treatment in addition to the usual mechanical treatments of periodontosis.
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage PAROCLINE 2% Gel for dental use Box of 3 sachets of 1 pre-filled syringe
Insert the tip of the applicator into the periodontal pockets of each tooth as deeply as possible, before administering a sufficient amount of gel to fill the pockets. Approximately 25 mg of gel are administered in the pockets 5 to 7 mm deep.
The treatment will begin with applications every 14 days, up to a total of 3 or 4 applications (4 to 6 weeks). Then, applications will be made every three months.
· Antibiotic allergy of the tetracycline family.
· Use of this medication should be avoided in children under 8 years of age because of the risk of permanent tooth staining and tooth enamel hypoplasia.
· Pregnancy and breast-feeding: (see section Pregnancy and breast-feeding ).
· Combination with retinoids (see section Interactions with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction ).
Parocline side effects
· Gingival irritation, local pain, bruising, gingival edema, tooth abscess.
· Diarrhea, gastric pain.