Young people are more likely to have oily skin, a phenomenon associated with acne. One of the causes is the increasing production of sebum due to hormonal changes during puberty.
Acne can start around the age of 10 to 14, and decrease or disappear around the age of 20 to 25, which is also related to variations in sebum production.
Causes of oily skin in women
In women, oily skin can be linked to hormonal variations, for example:
- Every month, before the start of the rules,
- After stopping hormonal contraceptives (for example, the contraceptive pill),
- During pregnancy,
- After childbirth.
Other causes of oily skin:
- problems of malnutrition,
- excessive alcohol consumption,
- a wet and very hot weather,
- a hereditary predisposition,
- seborrheic dermatitis,
- a dysfunction of the vegetative nervous system,
- dysfunction of the ovaries,
- Parkinson's disease ...
5 foods to favor and avoid to have a beautiful skin
Good looks, reduction of pimples and signs of age, begins in the kitchen. What foods to favor and avoid to have a beautiful skin?
In a young person between the ages of 10 and 18, oily skin with many pimples and concomitants suggests that this is a case of acne.
If the diagnosis is not clear, or if the doctor wants to exclude other diseases such as hormonal or metabolic disorders, he can perform additional tests :
- A blood test,
- An ultrasound of the ovaries,
- A scanner,
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging).
You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS Skin Care or A doctor answers you!
In pictures: 21 tips to have beautiful skin
Read also :
> Acne: How to get rid?
> Test on your skin: discover your skin type!
> Rash: What disease is behind the symptom?
> 5 foods to favor and avoid to have a nice skin