In case of dry skin, it is first necessary to moisturize the skin sufficiently and at the same time to limit the water loss of the skin. The choice of the targeted treatment then depends on the cause of the dry skin.
If dry skin is caused by a disease, it must first be treated.
In the case of certain skin diseases, such as atopic dermatitis or psoriasis, even if the skin health condition will be much improved, it will be difficult to completely eliminate the symptom of dry skin.
The only treatment is to directly treat the symptom - that is dry skin - with ointments, creams, lotions and other bath products with anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties.
Here are some very useful dry skin treatment tips that you can apply yourself:
- Use a mild cleanser to wash your face,
- Avoid tonic lotions or micellar waters containing alcohol,
- Prefer creamy and waterless (anhydrous) creams also containing vitamin A and E,
- Treat your skin with oil baths available in pharmacies,
- After cleansing the face or after the shower: dry gently while patting and avoid rubbing the skin,
- Avoid taking showers or baths too hot and prefer them to warm water, and avoid staying in contact too long with water,
- Avoid rubbing your skin with sponges or bath gloves,
- Use specific soaps, suitable for dry skin so as not to irritate it, ideally neutral pH lotions,
- Apply a moisturizing cream or lotion after shower and bath,
- Prefer loose and loose clothes.
Prevention is better than cure !
Although it can be difficult to avoid drying out the skin in the case of certain diseases, there are however some simple rules to respect daily to improve its chances of keeping a healthy skin.
Whether you have dry skin or another type of skin: here are some tips for keeping skin healthy:
- Drink enough and regularly for a good hydration of the interior,
- Prefer a balanced diet and do not forget the benefits of fruits and vegetables (rich in vitamins and trace elements beneficial for the skin),
- Avoid or limit the consumption of tobacco and alcohol,
- Move! Any physical activity stimulates skin perfusion and cleans the skin thanks to the secretion of sweat,
- Avoid exposing yourself directly to the sun, especially between 11am and 4pm.
- Choose gentle cleansing lotions with a ph that respects your skin.
In pictures: 21 tips to have beautiful skin
You want to react, to give your testimony or to ask a question? Appointment in our FORUMS Skin Care or A doctor answers you!
Dexeryl Cream - Dry skin - Superficial burns
Buy your Dexeryl at the best price with our partner Unooc
Read also :
Atopic dermatitis: causes, symptoms and treatments
Test on your skin: discover your skin type!
Sensitive skin: the best makeup solutions
Protecting your skin from the sun: what you need to know