Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
active ingredients: Pentoxyverine
Bottle of 250 ml
Short-course treatment of dry coughs and irritation coughs in adults (from 15 years old).
Dosage PECTOSAN TOUX SECHE Adult 0.15% Syrup 250 ml bottle
Reserved for adults (from 15 years old).
1 tablespoon (15 ml) contains 22.5 mg of pentoxyverine citrate.
- In adults, the unit dose of pentoxyverine citrate is 15 to 30 mg, the maximum daily dose is 120 mg. The dosage is 1 tablespoon of 15 ml per dose, to be renewed if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 doses per day.
- In the elderly as well as in cases of hepatic or renal insufficiency:
The initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage in adults and may be increased depending on the tolerance and needs.
- The duration of the treatment must be short (limited to 5 days). Treatment should be limited to the time of coughing without exceeding the prescribed doses.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- Allergy to one of the constituents including parabens (methyl and propyl parahydroxybenzoate).
- respiratory failure.
- cough of the asthmatic.
- risk of glaucoma by closing the angle.
- risk of urinary retention related to urethroprostatic disorders.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This drug is usually not recommended during pregnancy: there are no reliable data on teratogenesis in animals. In clinical studies, there are currently no data of sufficient relevance to evaluate the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of pentoxyverine citrate when administered during pregnancy. As a result, the use of this drug is not recommended during pregnancy.
- Breast-feeding: Due to lack of clinical data, the use of this medicine should be avoided during breastfeeding.
- Taking alcoholic beverages and drugs containing alcohol (see interactions) during treatment is not recommended.
Adverse Effects Pectosan Adult Dry Cough
- Possibilities of:
. allergic skin reactions,
. atropinic effects such as dry mouth, constipation,
. more rarely: drowsiness, urinary retention, accommodation disorder, increased viscosity of bronchial secretions, tachycardia, mental confusion or arousal in the elderly.
- Linked to the presence of parabens (methyl and propyl parahydroxybenzoate): urticaria.