Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Pneumology
active ingredients: Pentoxyverine
Bottle (+ measuring spoon of 5 ml) of 150 ml
Short-term treatment of dry coughs and irritation coughs.
Dosage PECTOSAN TOUX DRY Child 0.15% Syrup Bottle (+ spoon-measure of 5 ml) of 150 ml
Reserved for children from 6 to 15 years old and weighing more than 20 kg.
1 scoop (5 ml) contains 7.5 mg pentoxyverine citrate.
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) contains 3.75 mg of pentoxyverine citrate.
- In children, the unit dose of pentoxyverine citrate is 0.25 mg / kg, the maximum daily dose is 1 mg / kg, ie:
. Children over 20 kg to 30 kg, from 6 to about 10 years old :
1 measuring spoon per dose, repeat if necessary after 6 hours, not exceeding 4 times per day.
. Children from 30 to 40 kg, approximately 10 to 13 years old :
1 measuring spoon + 1/2 measuring spoon per dose, repeat if necessary after 6 hours, without exceeding 4 times per day.
- Children from 40 to 50 kg, approximately 13 to 15 years old :
2 measuring spoons per dose, repeat if necessary after 6 hours, not exceeding 4 times per day.
- In case of hepatic or renal insufficiency, the initial dosage will be halved compared to the recommended dosage and may possibly be increased according to the tolerance and needs.
- The duration of the treatment must be short (limited to 5 days). Treatment should be limited to the time of coughing without exceeding the prescribed doses.
This medicine is contraindicated in the following situations:
- allergy to one of the constituents, in particular to parabens (methyl and propyl parahydroxybenzoate),
- respiratory failure,
- cough of the asthmatic,
- risk of glaucoma by closing the angle,
- risk of urinary retention related to urethroprostatic disorders.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This drug is usually not recommended during pregnancy: there are no reliable data on teratogenesis in animals. In clinical studies, there are currently no data of sufficient relevance to evaluate the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of pentoxyverine citrate when administered during pregnancy. As a result, the use of this drug is not recommended during pregnancy.
- Breast-feeding: Due to lack of clinical data, the use of this medicine should be avoided during breastfeeding.
- Taking alcoholic beverages and drugs containing alcohol (see interactions) during treatment is not recommended.
Side effects Pectosan Cough Dry Child
Possibility of :
- allergic skin reactions,
- atropine effects such as dry mouth, constipation,
- more rarely: drowsiness, urinary retention, accommodation disorder, increased viscosity of bronchial secretions, tachycardia, mental confusion,
- related to the presence of parabens (methyl and propyl parahydroxybenzoate) : urticaria.