Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Anesthesia, resuscitation, analgesics
Active Ingredients: Amino Acid Compartment 125ml: Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Acetylcysteine, Glutamic Acid (E620), Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Taurine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Valin
lab: HP Public Support
Injection solution for IV infusion
Basic support for parenteral nutrition of preterm or non-preterm infants when oral or enteral feeding is impossible, insufficient or contraindicated. PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-NE 1 is particularly intended for feeding the first 24 to 48 hours of life of the newborn whether premature or not.
PAN> Caloric intake of carbohydrate, nitrogen (amino acids of the L series). Contribution in electrolytes and trace elements.
Dosage PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-2 Solution for infusion Box of 10 bicompartiment pockets of 250 ml
The dosage is individual and varies according to age, weight, metabolic and energy needs, as well as the patient's clinical condition and metabolic abilities.
During the first 24 hours of life, the first parenteral nutrition prescription will be made as soon as possible, and continuously, so as to obtain:
- a water intake between 60 and 80 mUkg / d,
a glucidic intake of approximately 6 mg / kg / min (ie 0.35 g / kg / h or 8 g / kg / day), between 4 and 8 mg / kg / min (ie 0.25 to 0, 5 g / kg / h or 6 to 12 g / kg / day),
an amino acid intake of about 1.5 g / kg / day, with a minimum of 0.9 g / kg / day.
After the first 24 hours of life:
- The fluid intake can be increased from 20 mL / kg / day to an intake of between 160 and 180 mL / kg / day. The increase in fluid intake will be adjusted to renal and transdermal losses.
- The carbohydrate intake will be increased from 0.8 to 1.3 mg / kg / min (ie 0.05-0.08 g / kg / h or 1-2 g / kg / day) depending on the carbohydrate tolerance, at a maximum intake of 13 mg / kg / min (ie 0.75 g / kg / h or 18 g / kg / d). In case of cyclization of parenteral nutrition, a maximum hourly flow rate of 20 mg / kg / min (ie 1.2 g / kg / h) will not be exceeded.
- Nitrogen intake will be increased accordingly and adapted to reach fairly quickly 3.5 g / kg / day of amino acids.
The maximum dosage of PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-NE 2 is limited by the contributions of the minerals that compose it, in particular by the contributions of calcium. As a result, the maximum intake of PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-NE 2 is 200 mg / kg / day (providing 60 mg / kg / day of calcium). Beyond this dosage, monitoring of Ionized calcium is strongly recommended.
This nutrient solution can be supplemented, on the express condition of having first checked the stability of the final mixture.
In case of exclusive parenteral nutrition, vitamin supplementation is recommended from the first use, ie from the first hours of life.
Addition of vitamins: stability has been shown for a mixture comprising 250 ml of PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-NE 2 with 10 ml of the vitamin solution having the following composition (note: the mixture obtained is yellow):
For 10 ml
Nicotinamide (PP, B3)
Ac. Pantothenic (B5)
Folic acid (B9)
Ascorbic acid (C)
After adding vitamins, protect the pocket of light.
In intravenous perfusion central or peripheral.
The administration must be continuous 24 hours.
- Congenital abnormality of amino acid metabolism,
- Known hypersensitivity to a component of the solution.
Adverse Reactions Pediaven AP-HP New-NE 2
Potential adverse effects may occur:
- hyperglycemia if the hourly flow rate of perfused glucose exceeds the patient's glucose utilization capacities (variables according to age and pathological situation);
- transient disturbance of the hepatic assessment;
- dysnatremia: hyponatremia if sodium intake is not sufficient to compensate for urinary losses in premature infants; or hypernatremia in case of poor adaptation of water intake;
- hyperphenylalaninemia in premature infants in a severe clinical condition;
- hypersensitivity reactions to certain amino acids;
thrombophlebites, especially if the perfusion is performed intravenously peripheral.
In case of extravasation, local reactions such as inflammation or necrosis have been observed.
In case of excessive intake of amino acids, metabolic acidosis and hyperazotemia may occur especially in cases of renal or respiratory failure.
The appearance of any uncontrolled abnormal signs (including chills, sweating, fever, difficulty breathing) should stop the infusion. Sepsis related to the catheter should be sought.