Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Anesthesia, resuscitation, analgesics
Active Ingredients: Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Cysteine, Glutamic Acid (E620), Glycine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Taurine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Valine, Potassium Hydroxide ( E525), Phosphat
lab: HP Public Support
Injection solution for IV infusion
- Basic support for parenteral nutrition of the premature newborn or not, when the oral or enteral feeding is impossible, insufficient or contraindicated.
- Nitrogen supply (L-series amino acids) and electrolytes in combination with a non-protein caloric intake, more particularly in addition to a lipid infusion or a binary infusion type PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-1 or 2.
Dosage PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-3 Solution for infusion Box of 10 Pockets of 250 ml
- The dosage is individual and varies according to age, weight, metabolic and energy needs, as well as the patient's clinical condition and metabolic abilities.
- PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-NE 3 is to use:
. in addition to PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-NE 1 to obtain initial intakes of 1.5 g / kg / day of amino acids in order to obtain a zero nitrogen balance from the outset;
. or in addition to PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-1 or 2 during the administration of lipids, in order to obtain a calorico-nitrogen ratio of about 250 kcal (non-protein calories) per gram of nitrogen. As an indication, in neonates, the nitrogen energy intake should correspond to about 13% of the total energy intake, ie 0.13 g of amino acids per gram of perfused glucose and 0.36 grams of amino acids per gram of lipid infused; the optimal amino acid intake during total long-term parenteral nutrition is of the order of 3.5 g / kg / day.
- PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-NE 3 can be added in a PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-NE 1 or PEDIAVEN AP-HP NEW-NE 2 pouch at a maximum volume of 25 ml (considering the volume of the pouch), or administered separately at a maximum rate of 55 ml / kg / day.
Administration mode :
- In central or peripheral intravenous perfusion.
- Administration must be continuous 24 hours.
- Known hypersensitivity to a component of the solution.
- Congenital abnormality of amino acid metabolism.
Adverse effects Pediaven AP-HP New-NE 3
- Potential adverse effects may occur:
. transient disruption of liver function;
. hyperphenylalaninemia in premature infants in a severe clinical condition;
. hypersensitivity reactions to certain amino acids;
. thrombophlebitis, especially if the perfusion is performed intravenously peripheral.
- In case of excessive intake of amino acids, metabolic acidosis and hyperazotemia may occur especially in cases of renal or respiratory failure.
- The appearance of any uncontrolled abnormal signs (including chills, sweating, fever, difficulty breathing) must stop the infusion. Sepsis related to the catheter should be sought.