Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Infectiology - Parasitology
active ingredients: Benzylpenicillin sodium
Powder for parenteral use
Box of 25 bottles of 1 MUI
They arise from the antibacterial activity and pharmacokinetic characteristics of benzylpenicillin sodium.
They take into account both the clinical studies that the drug has given and its place in the range of antibacterial products currently available.
They are limited to infections due to sensitive germs, especially in their manifestations:
· ENT and stomatological,
· Renal, urogenital,
· Digestive and biliary,
· Septicemia (possibly in combination therapy),
Official recommendations concerning the appropriate use of antibacterials should be taken into account.
Dosage PENICILLIN G PANPHARMA 1 MUI Powder for parenteral use Box of 25 vials of 1 MUI
Adult: 3 to 6 million IU / day IM or IV
Infant and child: 50, 000 to 100, 000 IU / kg / day IM or IV.
Newborn: 75, 000 to 200, 000 IU / kg / day IV infusion.
Larger doses can be given by infusion, especially in case of endocarditis.
Not to exceed:
· In adults: 50 million IU / day
· In children and infants: 20 million IU / day.
IM, slow IV or perfusion route.
Known allergy to antibiotics of the beta-lactam group (penicillins, cephalosporins).
Adverse effects Penicillin G Panpharma
· Allergic manifestations: fever, urticaria, eosinophilia, rarely Quincke's edema, exceptionally anaphylactic shock.
· The administration of high doses of beta-lactams, particularly in patients with renal impairment, may lead to metabolic encephalopathies (disturbances of consciousness, abnormal movements, seizures).
· Convulsive conditions are possible when high doses are used (50 million IU), and when intravenous injections of more than 5 million units are performed rapidly.
· High dosages may also result in undesirable sodium overload in heart or kidney failure.
· There have been rare reports of increased transaminases (ASAT, ALAT).
· Reversible haematological reactions: Rare cases of anemia, thrombocytopenia or leukopenia have been observed with high IV doses.