Generic drug of Torental LP
Therapeutic class: Cardiology and angiology
active ingredients: Pentoxifylline
Sustained release coated tablet
Box of 30
- Symptomatic treatment of intermittent claudication of chronic occlusive arterial diseases of the lower limbs (stage 2).
NB: this indication is based on double-blind clinical trials compared to placebo which show an increase of the perimeter of walking of at least 50% in 50 to 60% of treated patients against 20 to 40% of patients following only rules diet and lifestyle.
- Adjunctive treatment for the symptomatic aim of chronic cognitive and neurosensory pathological deficit in the elderly (excluding Alzheimer's disease and other dementias).
Dosage PENTOFLUX LP Gé 400 mg Tablet coated with sustained release Box of 30
1 to 3 tablets daily, possibly in 2 unequal doses, preferably during the meal or meals. - In patients with renal insufficiency, do not exceed 2 tablets per day. In case of severe renal insufficiency, the dose should be reduced and adapted according to individual tolerance.
- Given the prolonged release process, the tablet membrane can exceptionally be found in the stool. Administration mode :
Swallow the tablet without chewing it with a little water.
This medicine MUST NEVER BE USED in the following cases:
hypersensitivity to pentoxifylline or to any of the excipients of the tablet,
- acute phase of myocardial infarction,
- ongoing hemorrhage or major bleeding risk. Due to the presence of sucrose, this drug is contraindicated in case of fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency. NOT RECOMMENDED: This medicine is generally not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding: this medication is mainly used in elderly patients for whom the risk of pregnancy is absent. In the absence of relevant clinical data, the use of the active substance is not recommended during pregnancy. Due to passage into breast milk, the use of pentoxifylline should be avoided during breastfeeding.
Adverse effects Pentoflux LP GE
- Digestive side effects such as: transient nausea, vomiting, gastralgia or diarrhea can be observed.
- Rarely hot flushes, arterial hypotension, headache, dizziness, insomnia, tachycardia, agitation may occur.
- Skin reactions (rash, urticaria, pruritus) are exceptionally observed, and isolated cases of anaphylactoid reactions with shock, angioedema and bronchospasm have been reported. At the first sign of such hypersensitivity reactions, treatment should be discontinued and appropriate therapeutic measures taken.
- A few cases of haemorrhage and / or decreased prothrombin levels have been reported in patients treated with pentoxifylline and with haemorrhagic risk factors (recent surgery, peptic ulcer) or receiving anticoagulants or antiplatelet agents.
- Thrombocytopenia, cholestasis or increased aminotransferase activity have been reported rarely.
- Exceptionally cases of aseptic meningitis have been reported, especially in patients treated for systemic disease (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis ...). It is necessary to stop the treatment.