Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
Active Ingredients: Famotidine, Magnesium Hydroxide (E527), Calcium Carbonate
Lab: Johnson & Johnson Sante Bea
Box of 12
Short-term symptomatic treatment of heartburn and acid reflux in adults and adolescents from 16 years of age.
Posology PEPCIDDUO Chewable tablet Box of 12
RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND ADOLESCENTS (from 16 years old).
- Chew a tablet completely at the time of the painful attack, and swallow preferably with a glass of water.
Do not exceed 2 tablets daily.
- The duration of treatment is limited to 2 weeks (section warnings and precautions for use).
- Hypersensitivity to the active ingredients or to any of the excipients,
- severe renal insufficiency.
- Due to the presence of sucrose, glucose and lactose :
. Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency (in Lapps) or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine.
. Patients with rare hereditary problems of fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency should not take this medicine.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Breast-feeding: Famotidine passes into breast milk. It is possible that famotidine affects the gastric secretion of the infant. Magnesium salts can pass into breast milk and produce diarrhea in infants. As a result, the use of this medication should be avoided during breastfeeding.
Pepcidduo side effects
In clinical studies, the most common adverse effects are headache (1.3%), nausea (0.5%) and diarrhea (0.4%).
UNDESIRABLE EFFECTS OF CLINICAL STUDIES by organ system:
- Central and peripheral nervous system:
. Common (> 1/100, <1/10) : Headache.
. Uncommon (> 1/1000, <1/100) : Nervousness, vertigo.
- Gastrointestinal system:
Uncommon (> 1/1000, <1/100) : Nausea, diarrhea, flatulence, dyspepsia, eructation, dry mouth, thirst.
- Musculoskeletal system:
Uncommon (> 1/1000, <1/100) : Paresthesia.
- Condition :
Uncommon (> 1/1000, <1/100) : Distention, abdominal pain, taste disturbance.
OTHER ADVERSE EFFECTS THAT HAVE BEEN REPORTED ISOLATED with higher dosages of famotidine can not in principle be excluded. It has been reported:
- Skin disorders: rash, pruritus, urticaria, and as with other H2 antihistamines severe skin reactions (toxic epidermolysis).
- Hypersensitivity reactions: anaphylaxis, angioneurotic edema, bronchospasm.
- Hepatic disorders including hepatic cholestasis and such as increased transaminases, gamma-GT, alkaline phosphatase and bilirubin.
- Neurological disorders such as: hallucinations, disorientation, confusion, insomnia, epileptic seizures, drowsiness, agitation, depressive states. These effects are reversible upon discontinuation of treatment.
- Blood disorders such as thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis and pancytopenia.
- Musculoskeletal disorders such as muscle cramps.
- Other disorders such as impotence, decreased libido, breast tension.
- The following side effects are generally attributed to antacids based on magnesium and calcium salts: changes in the frequency and consistency of stools, bloating and heaviness.