Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Gastro-Entero-Hepatology
active ingredients: Famotidine
laboratory: Msd Chibret
Box of 30
- Duodenal ulcer.
- Benign gastric ulcer.
- Maintenance treatment of duodenal ulcers in patients not infected with Helicobacter pylori or in whom eradication has not been possible.
- Esophagitis by gastro-oesophageal reflux.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Dosage PEPDINE 20 mg Film-coated tablet Box of 30
- Gastroduodenal ulcer:
40 mg daily, in the evening, for 4 to 8 weeks.
- Gastroesophageal reflux esophagitis:
. Grade I and II esophagitis : 20 mg twice daily for 4 to 8 weeks.
. Grade III and IV esophagitis : 40 mg twice daily for 4 to 8 weeks.
- Maintenance treatment of duodenal ulcers:
20 mg a day, in the evening.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome:
The recommended starting dose is 20 mg every 6 hours. The dose should be individually adjusted and treatment continued as long as clinically necessary.
- In severe renal insufficiency :
In patients with severe renal insufficiency whose creatinine clearance is less than or equal to 30 ml / min, the daily dose should be reduced to 20 mg taken in the evening (see section on warnings and precautions for use).
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of this medicine.
- The safety and efficacy of famotidine have not been studied in children.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
Breast-feeding: The passage of H2 antihistamines into breast milk is documented, with a high ratio of milk to plasma concentrations, but the doses ingested by the child remain low (about 1% of the maternal dose). Nevertheless, only kinetic data are available. Tolerance in children in the case of maternal treatment, especially if it is prolonged or at high doses, is not known. Therefore, as a precaution, this medicine should be avoided during breastfeeding.
Pepdine side effects
Have been reported:
- rarely: headache, dizziness, constipation and diarrhea;
- even more rarely: dryness of the mouth, nausea and / or vomiting, abdominal discomfort or bloating, anorexia, fatigability, rash, pruritus, urticaria, abnormal liver enzymes, cholestatic jaundice, anaphylaxis, angioneurotic edema, arthralgia, taste disturbances;
- very rare cases of agranulocytosis, pancytopenia, leukopenia, neutropenia and thrombocytopenia;
- very exceptionally: Stevens-Johnson syndrome / Lyell's syndrome, atrioventricular conduction disorder especially for the intravenous route, hallucinations, confusion, convulsions.