Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Rheumatology
active ingredients: Dexamethasone, Salicylamide, Hydroxyethylsalicylate
laboratory: Besins International
30 g tube
Adjunctive local treatment for tendinitis and benign sprains.
Dosage PERCUTALGINE 0.05% / 2% / 10% Gel Tube 30 g
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT.
Apply 2 or 3 times a day in a thin layer on the painful area and massage gently.
Wash hands after use.
An increase in the number of daily applications could aggravate the adverse effects without improving the therapeutic effects.
· Hypersensitivity to salicylates, substances of similar activity or to another component of the gel.
· Primitive bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic infections.
· Do not use on mucous membranes, eyes, oozing skin, infected lesion or wound or under occlusive dressing.
Side effects Percutalgine
· Possible local allergic reaction requiring discontinuation of treatment.
· Possibility of erythematous reaction and / or sensation of heat at the point of application.
· The risk of adverse effects due to corticosteroid is low given the dosage and the short treatment time, however:
o the prolonged use of local corticosteroids may cause skin atrophy, telangiectasia, stretch marks (especially at the root of the limbs, and occurring more readily in adolescents), an ecchymotic purpura secondary to atrophy, fragility cutaneous,
o possibility of systemic effects (Cf warning),
o Acneiform or pustular eruptions, hypertrichosis, depigmentation have been reported,
o secondary infections, especially in folds and allergic contact dermatoses have also been reported when using local corticosteroids.