Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Rheumatology
active ingredients: Dexamethasone, Salicylamide, Glycol salicylate
laboratory: Besins International
Solution for cutaneous application
Box of 10 ampoules of 2 ml
Adjunctive local treatment for tendinitis and benign sprains.
Dosage PERCUTALGINE 0.05% / 8.5% / 10% Solution for dermal application Box of 10 ampoules of 2 ml
RESERVED FOR THE ADULT.
DERMAL. DO NOT SWALLOW.
Attack treatment: 4 to 6 vials per day in 2 or 3 applications by spraying on or near the area to be treated.
Maintenance treatment: 2 to 4 ampoules a day. Spread the solution without rubbing.
Wash hands after use.
An increase in the number of daily applications could aggravate the adverse effects without improving the therapeutic effects.
· Hypersensitivity to salicylates, substances of similar activity or to another component of the solution.
· Primitive bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic infections.
· Do not use on mucous membranes, eyes, oozing skin, infected lesion or wound or under occlusive dressing.
Side effects Percutalgine
· Possible local allergic reaction requiring discontinuation of treatment.
· Possibility of erythematous reaction and / or sensation of heat at the point of application.
· The risk of adverse effects due to corticosteroid is low given the dosage and the short treatment time, however:
o prolonged use of local corticosteroids may lead to skin atrophy, telangiectasia, stretch marks (particularly at the roots of the limbs, and occurring more readily in adolescents), an ecchymotic purpura secondary to atrophy, fragility of the skin,
o possibility of systemic effects (see section Warnings and precautions for use ),
o Acneiform or pustular eruptions, hypertrichosis, depigmentation have been reported,
o secondary infections, especially in folds and allergic contact dermatoses have also been reported when using local corticosteroids.
· Due to the presence of alcohol, frequent applications can cause irritation and dryness of the skin.