Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Oncology and Hematology
active ingredients: Calcium folinate
Powder for parenteral use
Box of 1 vial of 50 mg powder
- Correction of iatrogenic megaloblastic anemias due to inhibitors of dihydrofolate reductase: pyrimethamine, trimethoprim and possibly salazopyrine.
- Prevention of toxic accidents caused by methotrexate in the treatment of leukemias and malignant tumors.
- Prevention and treatment of folate deficiencies during major malabsorption and total and prolonged parenteral diets.
Dosage PERFOLATE 50 mg Powder for parenteral use Box of 1 vial of 50 mg powder
IM or IV channel.
- Corrections of iatrogenic megaloblastic anemias:
. In adults, the daily dose of 5 mg for the duration of administration of the agent responsible for megaloblastic anemia is usually sufficient.
. In children, the dosage is 5 mg every 2 to 4 days.
- Prevention of toxic accidents caused by intermediate or high dose methotrexate:
dosage schedules depend on doses of methotrexate administered.
. intermediate doses (ie <= 1.5 g / m² of methotrexate in patients with normal renal function for age):
administration of 25 mg / m² of folinic acid every 6 hours for a period of 48 hours.
. high doses (ie> 1.5 g / m² methotrexate in patients with normal creatinine clearance or <1.5 g / m² methotrexate in patients with creatinine clearance below expected values for 'age) :
administration of 50 mg / m² of folinic acid every 6 hours, until:
- in subjects with normal renal function, the plasma concentration of methotrexate is less than 10 -7 M.
- in subjects with impaired renal function, circulating methotrexate disappears.
In all cases, this prevention must be started no later than 6 hours after the end of the methotrexate infusion.
The maintenance of sufficient alkaline diuresis should always be ensured.
- Prevention and treatment of folate deficiencies:
5 mg per day of folinic acid or 50 mg every 10 days.