Generic drug of the therapeutic class: Allergology
active ingredients: Cyproheptadine
Box of 30
Symptomatic treatment of various allergic manifestations:
- rhinitis (seasonal or perennial),
Dosage PERIACTINE 4 mg Tablet Box of 30
RESERVED FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN OVER 6 YEARS OLD.
- Adult: 1 to 5 tablets maximum per day.
In general, 3 tablets to distribute during the day.
- Child over 6 years: 2 to 3 tablets to be divided into two to three times a day.
- Evening intake should be preferred because of the sedative effect of cyproheptadine.
- hypersensitivity to one of the components,
- risk of glaucoma by closing the angle,
- risk of urinary retention related to urethroprostatic disorders,
- antecedent agranulocytosis.
- children under 6 years of age due to the risk of misfeeding with the tablet form.
- Due to the presence of lactose this drug is not indicated in cases of congenital galactosemia, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome or lactase deficiency.
NOT RECOMMENDED :
- This medication should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding:
. Pregnancy: Studies in animals have shown a malformative effect. In clinical practice, there are currently no data of sufficient relevance to evaluate the possible malformative or foetotoxic effect of cyproheptadine when administered during pregnancy. In neonates of mothers treated in the long term by high doses of anticholinergic drugs have been rarely described: digestive signs related to atropine properties (abdominal distension ...). Because of its antiserotonin component, which causes a uterotonic effect, the use of this drug is NOT RECOMMENDED throughout pregnancy.
. breastfeeding: there is a weak, but real, passage of cyproheptadine in breast milk. Given the potential for sedation or paradoxical excitation of the neonate of cyproheptadine, breastfeeding is not recommended. - Taking alcoholic beverages and drugs containing alcohol (see section interactions) during treatment is strongly discouraged.
Periactin side effects
- Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders:
- Affection of the immune system:
urticaria, edema, more rarely angioedema,
- disorders of the nervous system:
sedation or drowsiness, more marked at the beginning of treatment,
motor incoordination, tremors,
equilibrium disorders, more frequent vertigo in the elderly,
peripheral anticholinergic effects: (dryness of mucous membranes, constipation, accommodation disorders, mydriasis, heart palpitations, urinary retention, depletion of milk secretion),
decreased memory or concentration more frequent in the elderly.
- Hematological and lymphatic system disorders:
leukopenia, neutropenia, agranulocytosis,
- Hepatobiliary disorders:
abnormal liver function,
cholestatic and / or cytolytic hepatitis.
- Psychiatric disorders:
excitement, nervousness, insomnia, agitation, aggressive behavior,
mental confusion, hallucinations.
- Metabolism and nutrition disorders:
increased appetite / weight gain.